We've met a wide variety of people involved with the oceans and coasts, from sailors to divers and backpackers running seaside hostels. It's hard to find good office space on the road, but we've improvised and seem to be adapting well to each place we encounter. As you can see we've been really spending a lot of time outdoors enjoying the spectacular views and weather.
All jokes aside, the scenery since we left East London has been truly amazing, and I'm blessed to have a guide who can provide historical context to all the places we pass along the way. The driving has been along winding and sometimes narrow roads, but heading along on the hills you can see so far away that the mountains get hazy, and no matter how many photos I take it still feels better to watch it pass by in real time rather than trying to squeeze it all into a tiny frame.
Although it sounds like I've been spending most of my time working and travelling, I haven't really been lonely. On Saturday night I had two roommates who kept the mosquitoes away very well, helping me get a solid 8 hours of insect-free sleep. Ma and Pa Gecko patrolled the walls and ceilings all night but were gone when I woke up on Sunday morning. I'm not sure where they went but I'm thinking that maybe my snoring was too much for them to handle and they needed to get some rest as well.
Until we meet again, get lots of sleep and eat some oranges - flu season is just around the corner.
Jill
Jill:
ReplyDeleteI finally figured it out - posted a comment somewhere on here for you. Don't go looking at elephant parts - you are our "children" and you are supposed to eat carrots and go to bed at 7:30 pm daily and go fast to sleep - what is wrong with you.
Nikki made a comment that you write like a novel - how absolutely correct she is. Your writing is amazing, I had exactly those thoughts. You bring us in Jilly girl, directly into your vortex - keep it coming. I am addicted. Now go to bed. Lots of love always.
Your favourite Aunt in the whole world. xxxxoooo
Thanks Aunt Paulette! It's really great to hear from everyone and I hope I don't disappoint. I still eat carrots but the 7:30pm thing isn't working out. Ever since my 7:00pm phone curfew ended in Grade 12 I've been a pretty wild child.
ReplyDeleteGive my love to Sam and Ryan! xoxoxo
Jilly - I am talking to your mother. She can't figure this out - I'm the smartest.
ReplyDeleteWe both want to know what that old dog was doing lying in the middle of the road. Did you read my earlier post on "Life in G-Town" - I wanted to make you laugh.
Lots of love - your mommy misses you.
Aunt Connie's birthday is tomorrow - don't forget her. Love ;you.
AP xo